MacDermid Alpha Automotive
Worldwide Quality Assurance Program
MacDermid Alpha Automotive innovates and manufactures chemical compounds for all surface coating applications. Our products improve the durability and aesthetics of both metal and plastic surfaces. End-user applications for our treatments include aerospace, automotive, electronics, luxury goods, oil/gas, and sanitary fittings. In these industries, MacDermid is the supply chain partner who adds value to your business. ZinKlad™ is the quality assurance program that tackles the challenges for high-performance automotive coatings of the future. Specifiers can be confident that the same coatings and consistent performance are available worldwide.
ZinKlad has a unique business model that offers OEM's and applicators various services such as standardized products, lab measurements, benchmark information, product training, but also audits and inspections. Understanding and portraying this business model, both to internal and external stakeholders, proved extremely difficult. Particularly considering its complexity, the global organization and matrix structure within which ZinKlad operates. Because the Global Director has worked with the RASCI-method© since 2002, he also wanted to use this for the ZinKlad business model. With the following challenges:
- Creating clear insights into the ZinKlad business processes and their mutual relations;
- Clarify the process, used systems and responsibilities;
- Transferability towards the internal organization, OEMs and applicators;
- Certifiable against the new ISO 9001: 2015 standard for quality management;
- In the long run, also scalable to other MacDermid business units.
Together with the Global Director, we have used the RASCI-method© (Full Blown Approach) to make the business model more transparent and clarify the processes and responsibilities:
- Business Model mapped (Pilot Project);
- Processes and responsibilities described (In-company Training);
- Used the PM for Process Management and IRIS for Continuous Improvement (INBISCO Webtools);
- Testing clarity of the results internally and towards OEMs;
- Scanning scalability of the Business Model for 2 Other Business Units;
- Training Regional ZinKlad Managers in Auditing Skills (In-company Training);
- Testing and adapting processes to ISO 9001: 2015.
The result of this process is that, in 9 months, the total Business Model of ZinKlad has been fully digitized into a transferable Business Management System that complies with the ISO 9001: 2015 requirements.
- Both the processes, improvement measures and audit results are worldwide digitally available through the Cofano webtools.
- It gave enormous clarity to both the internal organization as well as the OEMs who responded enthusiastically worldwide and thereby gained more confidence in the organization.
- Clearness has also led to scalability towards other business units, and this Business Model is now used worldwide as the standard for the MacDermid Quality Assurance Program.
Do you want to apply the RASCI-method© to your organization?
Do you also want to maximize your result? Contact us for making a non-binding appointment.Contact
When I became a worldwide Business Unit director I thought of how to simply put it on paper and then I remembered Arno from the past. I visit a lot of big companies and its actualy surprising that such a strong and simple method is not well known in the world. There are so many other companies that could benefit of this.